Banzao Bierzo Discoveries Pre-order
WineSpark Price €169.62
Silvia Marrao is one of Bierzo's rising star winemakers.
She makes wine in a small village called San Pedro de Olleros, high up in the Los Ancares mountains above the main valley of Bierzo.
The whole area is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, and it's cooler and fresher up here than the rest of Bierzo. The grapes are incredibly vibrant and healthy - you don't get the fogs and mists which cause fungal diseases in the main valley down below.
Pre-order your case and the following delights will show up at your doorstep next month:
- 4x Banzao Mencía Vino de Villa 2020 - a village wine, this is a dark and spicy style of Mencía, showing a lovely bit of age and oak. Very juicy, bright and balanced - exactly what good Bierzo should taste like
- 1x Banzao Godello Vino de Villa 2020 - a creamy and complex nose, with stunning honeyed and floral flavours. On the palate it's gentle, soft and silky, with incredible length and purity. It reminds me of a great aged Riesling, and no doubt it's the best Godello I’ve tasted in a long time
- 1x Banzao Almorelle Vino de Paraje 2020 - Silvia's top Mencía, a single-vineyard wine called Almorelle. A complex, savoury and enticing nose leads to a dense and creamy palate, with violets, sweet dark fruit and savoury notes. Wow! This is incredible quality - such elegant, intense and persistent Think top Côte de Nuits Burgundy and you're pretty much there.
If you’re a fan of Burgundy or even the northern Rhône, you’ll be in heaven with these wines.
P.s. Please note this case is processed separately so be sure to clear your basket before pre-ordering!
We know how important it is to get your wine order quickly and efficiently. So we’ve partnered with UPS to offer next-day delivery on our wines.
Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s free - delivery is already included in the members' price
- It’s fast - you’ll get next-day delivery if you order before 12pm Monday-Thursday
- It’s environmentally-friendly - all our orders are shipped carbon neutral with UPS.
We ship to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only. €2 per case is added to all Northern Ireland orders to cover additional shipping costs. The point of sale occurs in the Republic of Ireland.
Our minimum order requirement is 6 bottles and we ship in multiples of 6’s. This can be 6 different bottles!
You may need to show your ID on delivery.
Please read our Terms & Conditions for more information.