César Márquez Bierzo 2021 6-pack
WineSpark Price €119.58
César Márquez’s 2020 wines were a huge hit. They sold out in a flash, despite me having to ration them carefully.
So the arrival of the 2021s can’t come quickly enough. And that moment is finally just a few weeks away!
I tried the wines last month in Barcelona, and was blown away. César told me 2021 was a cooler vintage, so the wines are fresher and more elegant.
And I managed to secure a brand new white - a Godello from precious 100+ year-old vines.
In this special case you'll get:
- 3x Parajes Mencía 2021 - César’s introduction to Bierzo, and incredible value too. He takes small parcels from all over the region to make this wine - including some hillside sites which sell for big prices elsewhere. This is one for the Pinot lovers
- 2x Valtuille Mencía 2021 - the grapes here are from César’s home village of Valtuille - it’s soft, silky and savoury, like a good northern Rhône Syrah. Just gorgeous and under 13% alcohol
- 1x La Salvación Godello 2021 - a stunning oak-aged white from a special 100 year-old plot of Godello grapes, one of the oldest vineyards in Bierzo. Combine the freshness of a good Albariño and the complexity of a top Chardonnay, and you’re getting there
N.B. Due to limited volumes, it's one case per customer.
César comes from one of the most famous and revered winemaking families in Spain. His uncle is Raúl Pérez, and his family winery is Castro Ventosa, Bierzo’s leading winery, founded 9 generations ago.
We know how important it is to get your wine order quickly and efficiently. So we’ve partnered with UPS to offer next-day delivery on our wines.
Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s free - delivery is already included in the members' price
- It’s fast - you’ll get next-day delivery if you order before 12pm Monday-Thursday
- It’s environmentally-friendly - all our orders are shipped carbon neutral with UPS.
We ship to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only. €2 per case is added to all Northern Ireland orders to cover additional shipping costs. The point of sale occurs in the Republic of Ireland.
Our minimum order requirement is 6 bottles and we ship in multiples of 6’s. This can be 6 different bottles!
You may need to show your ID on delivery.
Please read our Terms & Conditions for more information.