Cillar de Silos Torresilo Ribera del Duero 2020
WineSpark Price €37.59
If you were ever to splash out on a big Spanish red, this is the one.
This is Oscar’s flagship wine - he calls it the ‘messenger’. It’s exactly the wine that sums up the world-class potential of Ribera del Duero.
Everything in the making of this wine screams luxury…
- The grapes are carefully hand-picked from older vines, aged between 40 and 100 years
- The wine is aged for 16 to 18 months in French oak barrels, 60% of which are new
- After the wine is bottled, they rest in Oscar’s 17th-century underground cellar, where time stands still.
The nose is incredibly savoury and aromatic - I get baked ham, smoke, and sweet spice. On the palate it’s rich, structured and fresh… it’s drinking great now, but will easily age 15-20 years.
Oscar’s Cillar de Silos Crianza is comfortably our best-selling wine. This has more structure, more power, and is worth every cent of the step-up in price.
|Region of origin
|Ribera del Duero
|Months in Oak
|Type of Oak
|French Oak, dried for 3 years
|Allergens (e.g. does it contain Milk, Egg, Fish, Nuts)
|Average age of vines
|40 - 100 years old
|Average altitude of vines (m)
|Predominately sandy with clay
|Is this wine organic?
|Suitable for vegans?
|Ideal drinking window
|2023 - 2035
It was on a trip early in my wine career to see Oscar and his sister Amelia that I properly fell in love with Ribera del Duero.
Ribera is right beside Rioja in northern Spain but because it sits on an elevated plain, the days are hotter and nights are colder. So the wines tend to be more powerful, but also fresher. It’s the perfect recipe for creating ultra-premium and long-lived reds.
We know how important it is to get your wine order quickly and efficiently. So we’ve partnered with UPS to offer next-day delivery on our wines.
Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s free - delivery is already included in the members' price
- It’s fast - you’ll get next-day delivery if you order before 12pm Monday-Thursday
- It’s environmentally-friendly - all our orders are shipped carbon neutral with UPS.
We ship to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only. €2 per case is added to all Northern Ireland orders to cover additional shipping costs. The point of sale occurs in the Republic of Ireland.
Our minimum order requirement is 6 bottles and we ship in multiples of 6’s. This can be 6 different bottles!
You may need to show your ID on delivery.
Please read our Terms & Conditions for more information.