Corofin Single Vineyard Series 6-pack
WineSpark Price €202.52
I’ve known Mike Paterson for over 10 years from my time in the UK - he’s hands down one of the best winemakers in the country.
His Corofin range is all about searching out Marlborough’s best growers and vineyard sites, and making world-class Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from them.
Named after the Co. Clare village that his great grandfather, Marcus Joseph Paterson, emigrated from in 1927 with his young family.
Close your eyes and you could be drinking the finest Burgundy, zero doubt about it.
So I thought I’d put together a 6-pack of Mike’s amazing single vineyard wines, to ease you through the current Burgundy shortage.
In the case you’ll get:
- 2x Wrekin Vineyard Pinot Noir 2020 - from a heavy clay-based vineyard which produces fruit with lots of intensity and structure. A highly aromatic and floral nose leads to an earthy and savoury palate. This is a dark, more serious style of Pinot, with a gamey edge and great potential to age
- 1x Settlement Vineyard Pinot Noir 2020 - from an east-facing vineyard in the Omaka Valley, managed by Dog Point. I tried this as soon as it arrived last year, and I thought it was the best Pinot I'd tasted all year. Top wine expert Jamie Goode went one further, calling this vintage ‘one of the best Marlborough Pinots I've ever had'
- 1x Wrekin Vineyard Chardonnay 2020 - a very flinty and mineral nose, with strong citrus and floral aromas. It’s a tight and pure style, and its subtle saline flavours reminds me of a really good Chablis
- 1x Folium Vineyard Chardonnay 2019 - from our friend Takaki Okada's dry-grown vineyard in the Brancott Valley, this is a textured, structured Chardonnay, with yellow fruit, citrus, spice and even a touch of saltiness. If you like a bigger style of Chardonnay like Meursault, then this is one to try
- 1x Brawn Vineyard Chardonnay 2020 - from Dillon's Point, the closest block to the ocean that Mike works with. The land is quite fertile but organic farming and canopy management moderates the vigour. The wine itself is quite full-on, and an aromatic, complex and toasty nose jumps out of the glass. On the palate it's tight, precise and firm, with an elegant, saline finish. It's hard to beat a Chardonnay like this for the money.
These are high-quality, artisanal wines, hand-made in small quantities. Each year and vineyard is different, just like great Burgundy is.
I only have 48 bottles of the Wrekin Chardonnay. Which means there’s only 24 of these single vineyard packs to go around.
It's one pack per customer, and once they’re gone, we’ll have to wait until the next vintage for more.
So if Burgundian-style Pinot and Chardonnay is your thing Eamon, trust me - these are not to be missed.
Mike's great grandfather Marcus Joseph Paterson emigrated to New Zealand from Corofin Co. Clare in 1927.
So when Mike and wife Anna started Corofin, their own family business, they wanted to honour this history and special connection between his family and the land.
We know how important it is to get your wine order quickly and efficiently. So we’ve partnered with UPS to offer next-day delivery on our wines.
Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s free - delivery is already included in the members' price
- It’s fast - you’ll get next-day delivery if you order before 12pm Monday-Thursday
- It’s environmentally-friendly - all our orders are shipped carbon neutral with UPS.
We ship to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only. €2 per case is added to all Northern Ireland orders to cover additional shipping costs. The point of sale occurs in the Republic of Ireland.
Our minimum order requirement is 6 bottles and we ship in multiples of 6’s. This can be 6 different bottles!
You may need to show your ID on delivery.
Please read our Terms & Conditions for more information.
Lovely fruity arom. Nice gentle subtle flavours. Benefits from being decanted. Highly recommended
Thanks John great to hear! Cheers Eamon