Gerd Stepp Pfalz 6-pack
WineSpark Price €113.70
When it comes to German wine, Mosel seems to get all the international attention. But trust me, Pfalz has a lot more going for it.
The combination of a warm & dry climate and varied soils make it capable of producing world-class Pinot Noir, Riesling and lately, Chardonnay.
Gerd’s Buntsandstein Pinot Noir was our best-selling wine at Christmas. So it’s no surprise that we were out of stock for a few weeks.
I’m delighted to tell you now that the wines are back. So I’ve built a special 6-pack of Stepp classics so you can see the quality for yourself.
In the pack you’ll get…
- 3x Pinot Noir Buntsandstein 2020 - Pfalz is perfect Pinot country, with its long growing season and mixed sandstone soils. These soils give intense fruity and floral aromas to the Pinot. Gerd gets his oak barrels from a friend that makes Grand Cru Burgundy, and ageing in these really adds a really luxurious dimension to the wine
- 2x Riesling vom Saumagen 2020 - from one of Germany’s best Riesling vineyards, wines made from plots right beside this have got 100 Parker Points and sell for big bucks. It’s soft, creamy and tropical, with gorgeous texture and minerality
- 1x Chardonnay 2021 - The latest addition to Gerd’s range… a ripe, round and refreshing Chardonnay, also aged in those magic barrels from Burgundy. Think Hautes Côtes de Beaune quality at German prices.
If you’d prefer to mix your own case, or add anything else to your order - you’ll find the wines here.
We know how important it is to get your wine order quickly and efficiently. So we’ve partnered with UPS to offer next-day delivery on our wines.
Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s free - delivery is already included in the members' price
- It’s fast - you’ll get next-day delivery if you order before 12pm Monday-Thursday
- It’s environmentally-friendly - all our orders are shipped carbon neutral with UPS.
We ship to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only. €2 per case is added to all Northern Ireland orders to cover additional shipping costs. The point of sale occurs in the Republic of Ireland.
Our minimum order requirement is 6 bottles and we ship in multiples of 6’s. This can be 6 different bottles!
You may need to show your ID on delivery.
Please read our Terms & Conditions for more information.
I placed the order and received an email on 14th Feb that order had left the building. On the 21st after no sign of wine
I contacted winespark to be told that it had not been sent after all. I received it on 24th & tried a couple of bottles over
the weekend, which in all fairness were good - so the two stars were basically awarded for the overall experience
Thank you for the feedback which is totally fair, we have reviewed our processes to prevent this happening again. I'm glad the first few bottles worked out for you, and I hope the rest continue that way!
Enjoyed with fish and meat over 2 nights. Very surprised at how well it went with a rib eye steak. Refreshing wine with longevity of taste and body .
Will order more soon
So far, we have had half of the six wines.
The Riesling we opened one evening for a taste and ended up drinking almost the two bottles as they were so tasty. Would love to reorder this exceptional Riesling
The Pinot, it needs time to open and warm up but once it does it’s extremely tasty.
Still to drink the rest.
I have finished all these wines now. We (my wife and I) really enjoyed them. I have been looking for a good, reasonably priced, Riesling for years. At last I have found it. Had it with cold meat, with fish and even with an omelette. A great success on all occasions.
The Chardonnay is indeed, as Eamonn says, Hautes Côtes de Beaune quality at German prices.
As for the Pinot Noir, it is full-bodied, rich and full of flavour.
The 6 that arrived were lovely. The other 6 paid for that did not arrive are still outstanding.