Rising Spain 6-pack
WineSpark Price €155.85
I was flat out at this year’s Barcelona Wine Week, tasting over 200 wines across the two days.
Luckily for you, some of the very best wines I tried are already at your fingertips. So I thought I’d pick out six of my favourite Spanish gems right now, so you can try them for yourself.
In this special case you’ll get:
- 1x Ana Carazo La Loba Ribera del Duero 2018 - it was a joy to meet Ana again at Mujeres del Vino tasting on the Wednesday night. She has so much energy and passion and this personality is reflected in her wine. This is a dark and brooding Tempranillo made from 100+ year-old organically-farmed vines. Pair it with beef and watch it come even more alive!
- 1x Iria Otero Sacabeira Albariño 2021 - the new vintage of Iria’s authentic and characterful Albariño is here. Most supermarkets and shops here churn out bland, industrially-produced Albariño that bears no resemblance to what it should actually taste like. Crack open a bottle of this, and be transported to Galicia’s lush green hills and glorious seafood in one refreshing salty sip
- 1x A Pita Cega Ribeiro 2016 - I’m ridiculously excited to share this wine in Ireland - it’s one of Spain’s very best whites. Made by Pilar Higuero in the Ribeiro region of Galicia, it’s an aromatic blend of Albariño, Godello and Treixadura. Everything in the vineyard and winemaking is completely natural (and a bit nuts) - it’s been aged for 6 years in stainless steel and a further year in bottle before getting to you (while listening to loud classical music in the winery the whole time - I kid you not!)
- 1x Balma Brut Nature Reserva 2016 - winemaker Eva Ventura and her cousin Roser made the bold move to pull their winery out of the Cava classification to Penedès over 10 years ago, to focus on quality. The grapes here are organic and the wine is aged on its lees for at least 18 months, to give you a rich, complex and refreshing fizz, perfect for grazing on salty nibbles and getting the party started
- 1x Suerte de Arrayán Garnacha 2017 - from the up-and-coming Méntrida region, just outside of Madrid. I found Maite Sánchez and her wines at the Off The Record tasting last year, a secret underground shindig at a ramshackle art gallery near the fair. If you like your reds from the southern Rhone or Piedmont, then you’ll love this
- 1x Iria Otero Teixugo Ribeiro 2020 - a rich and smooth blend of Sousón and Caíño Longo, from Ribeiro in Galicia. 2020 was a warmer vintage, so you can expect more oomph and spice than last year’s. As an added bonus the alcohol is only 12%, but you’d never think it!
If you'd like to build your own case, feel free to take your pick from our Rising Spain range here.
We know how important it is to get your wine order quickly and efficiently. So we’ve partnered with UPS to offer next-day delivery on our wines.
Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s free - delivery is already included in the members' price
- It’s fast - you’ll get next-day delivery if you order before 12pm Monday-Thursday
- It’s environmentally-friendly - all our orders are shipped carbon neutral with UPS.
We ship to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only. €2 per case is added to all Northern Ireland orders to cover additional shipping costs. The point of sale occurs in the Republic of Ireland.
Our minimum order requirement is 6 bottles and we ship in multiples of 6’s. This can be 6 different bottles!
You may need to show your ID on delivery.
Please read our Terms & Conditions for more information.
Loved all these pics. All interesting and great wines. Thanks Eamonn & Co!
Hi Aoife, thank you so much for this great review! Really delighted to read it. Cheers Eamon