Spain Rising 6-pack
WineSpark Price €149.69
There isn’t a more dynamic and exciting wine country in the world than Spain right now.
An unexpected consequence of a century of wars, emigration and rural decline is the vast quantity of precious old vineyards left largely untouched.
You combine this with a new generation of ambitious winemakers, along with the affordability of doing business here, and you get unbeatable value for quality.
The new vintage of Ana Carazo's La Loba Ribera del Duero has just arrived, along with a bunch of other Spanish treats.
So I’ve put together an incredible selection from some of the country’s top independent talent. In this case you’ll get a bottle each of:
- La Loba Ribera del Duero 2019 - a powerful, brooding Tempranillo, with lovely florals and meaty flavours. This is Ribera with bags of personality - just like Ana.
- César Márquez Parajes Bierzo 2021 - César’s introduction to Bierzo, and incredible value too. He takes small parcels from all over the region to make this wine - including some hillside sites which sell for eye-watering prices elsewhere. This is one for the Pinot lovers
- Pretium Rioja Tinto 2018 - inky-dark purple in colour, full of lush and juicy blackberries, a savoury edge, and gorgeous florals from the 5% of Grenache, Graciano and Viura in the blend
- Pretium Rioja Blanco 2019 - a blend of Viura and Malvasia, fresh and aromatic, with a subtle smoky nuttiness, and a delicious saline finish. Burgundy lovers rejoice
- El Mago Garnacha Blanca 2022 - from the unsung and remote Terra Alta region far southwest of Barcelona, this is everything I love in a white wine - textured, easy-drinking and lip-smackingly fresh (and it’s organic too!)
- El Hato y el Garabato Sin Blanca 2018 - a field blend from 80 year-old vines, mainly the Juan García grape. This has gorgeous red fruit, lavender and rosemary, with a fresh, elegant palate. If you love Beaujolais, this will be a revelation!
Or if you’d like to build your own case, here’s a selection of wines made by Spain’s best rising talent.
We know how important it is to get your wine order quickly and efficiently. So we’ve partnered with UPS to offer next-day delivery on our wines.
Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s free - delivery is already included in the members' price
- It’s fast - you’ll get next-day delivery if you order before 12pm Monday-Thursday
- It’s environmentally-friendly - all our orders are shipped carbon neutral with UPS.
We ship to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only. €2 per case is added to all Northern Ireland orders to cover additional shipping costs. The point of sale occurs in the Republic of Ireland.
Our minimum order requirement is 6 bottles and we ship in multiples of 6’s. This can be 6 different bottles!
You may need to show your ID on delivery.
Please read our Terms & Conditions for more information.
Have only opened 2 of the reds , the ribero and the Sin Blanca , very different wines but both superb, enjoyed the Sin B with bbq halibut skewers, 😋