Tim Smith's Barossa Six
WineSpark Price €134.21
Tim Smith is one of the Barossa’s best winemakers.
He's been making wine here for 35 years, for some of the biggest names including Yalumba, Chateau Tanunda and St Hallett.
He was named Barossa’s Winemaker of the Year in 2019, and won the IWSC trophy for the best Shiraz in the world in 2010.
So when a mutual friend introduced us last year, I knew the time was right.
Tim tells me the secret to this wines is his access to great fruit. For decades he’s worked with the region’s best family growers, doing business on a handshake in the pub on a Friday night.
In the pack you’ll get six delicious Barossa wines at a price I can barely believe myself:
- 2x Bugalugs Shiraz 2022 - a classic Aussie Shiraz - ripe, bold and powerful, with plenty of sweet dark fruit and a savoury edge. It’s brilliant value because he declassifies fruit from his top wines into this blend. I’m reliably told Bugalugs is an Aussie term of endearment (if you can confirm, please do)
- 1x Barossa Shiraz 2021 - like many of the truly great Australian wines, this is a blend of multiple vineyards, located in the Barossa and Eden Valley. Each vineyard adds something unique to the blend, and their ages range from 30 to 145 years old! It’s matured in French oak, and bottled unfined and unfiltered - preserving all the amazing flavours and textures from the fruit
- 2x Eden Valley Riesling 2022 - think of this as your palate cleanser after those rich reds… it’s from a precious 100 year-old single vineyard, and with older vines you get great complexity and concentration in the grapes. It’s dry, refreshing and punchy - a perfect post-work quaffer (I speak from experience here)
- 1x Bugalugs Blanc 2022 - inspired by a stint working for Chapoutier in the southern Rhône earlier in his career, this is a blend of Grenache Blanc, Roussanne, Viognier and Clairette. It's a refreshing, aromatic and creamy white which is so easy to drink!
With your support of WineSpark, you've helped our paths cross again at last. And now you can benefit, getting the wines for just €134.21 instead of €204.
We know how important it is to get your wine order quickly and efficiently. So we’ve partnered with UPS to offer next-day delivery on our wines.
Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s free - delivery is already included in the members' price
- It’s fast - you’ll get next-day delivery if you order before 12pm Monday-Thursday
- It’s environmentally-friendly - all our orders are shipped carbon neutral with UPS.
We ship to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only. €2 per case is added to all Northern Ireland orders to cover additional shipping costs. The point of sale occurs in the Republic of Ireland.
Our minimum order requirement is 6 bottles and we ship in multiples of 6’s. This can be 6 different bottles!
You may need to show your ID on delivery.
Please read our Terms & Conditions for more information.