I’m excited to tell you WineSpark is finally here.
It’s been a long time coming. Ever since my first buying trip as a teenager, helping my dad and his pals pick out wine for their booze cruises to France — I’ve always dreamt of sharing my discoveries on a bigger stage in Ireland.
Now after 10 years getting to know some of the world’s best winemakers at Naked Wines in the UK and US… I’m ready to bring these connections and treasures to Irish wine drinkers.
I’ve thought long and hard about how to make premium wines affordable
I wanted to create a business model that genuinely rewards people for their loyalty, by giving them amazing prices on the best wines.
And by connecting customers directly with the talented winemakers behind the wines, they can be part of a community that experiences wine by far the most fun and exciting way… as an insider like me.
Here’s how WineSpark works:
- First, become a member. It costs €10 a month, and there’s no commitment or minimum term
- You then pick out your own wines. So far I have 43 delicious wines to choose from, sourced directly from the best artisan winemakers. For now you’ll need to order a minimum of 12 bottles (more on that later)
- The price you pay is just the wine cost, taxes and delivery to your door. There’s no markup on the wine, because I make my money from the monthly fee rather than the bottle.
A typical €25 wine in a shop will cost €15 at WineSpark. A typical €40 wine will cost €20… and so on. It’s all designed to get you better quality and value for your money.
Please be patient with me…
I’m relieved (and proud) that WineSpark is live, but it’s far from perfect.
- I’d like to have more wines available — there’s more great stuff on the way, but who’da thought shipping wine during a post-Brexit and pandemic world would be so tricky?!
- I want to be able to ship 6 bottles at a time — I know buying 12 bottles of wine from a brand new company might be a lot to ask, so I’ll have this sorted within a month
- I want to be able to guarantee next-day delivery — it will probably take a few weeks to oil this particular machine.
It’s finally out there - I can’t wait to hear what you think! Head over to WineSpark and get stuck in.