Bodegas Mateos Rioja 6-pack
WineSpark Price €143.34
I discovered these wines over a long (and delicious) lunch with Mateo in his winery back in 2014.
Mateo’s a quiet guy, but he came alive when talking about his super premium La Mateo range.
He explained that he takes the top 5% of his grapes, and uses up 50% of his resources on them. Which means he takes his best grapes from his best vineyards, allocates his best oak barrels, and gives them all the time they need to age to perfection.
Little did I know that 9 years later I’d have the honour of sharing them with you.
So I’ve mixed together the perfect Rioja 6-pack to give you a taste of Mateo’s best stuff. You’ll get…
- 4x La Mateo Rioja Tempranillo Vendimia 2019: The flagship - from 50 year old vines and 14 months in French and American oak, making it a classic mellow, fruity, smoky and powerful Rioja
- 2x La Mateo Rioja Tempranillo Blanco 2020: Most white Rioja is made from the Viura grape - and tends to taste quite oaky and flat. Mateo wanted something fresher and punchier, so he planted an experimental vineyard of white Tempranillo 15 years ago - making it the oldest white Tempranillo vineyard in Rioja! If you like white Burgundy, such as Macon, you’ll love this
Mateo is helping me get WineSpark off to a flyer with some amazing prices on his wines.
And I couldn't be happier to pass on this benefit to you.
I first met Mateo through my great friend Carlos Rodriguez back in 2014. We called into his winery near Logrono for a ‘quick Sunday lunch’ - I finally got out of there several hours later and barely able to move or fit back in my piddly rented Seat Ibiza.
We know how important it is to get your wine order quickly and efficiently. So we’ve partnered with UPS to offer next-day delivery on our wines.
Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s free - delivery is already included in the members' price
- It’s fast - you’ll get next-day delivery if you order before 12pm Monday-Thursday
- It’s environmentally-friendly - all our orders are shipped carbon neutral with UPS.
We ship to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only. €2 per case is added to all Northern Ireland orders to cover additional shipping costs. The point of sale occurs in the Republic of Ireland.
Our minimum order requirement is 6 bottles and we ship in multiples of 6’s. This can be 6 different bottles!
You may need to show your ID on delivery.
Please read our Terms & Conditions for more information.
Have tried only the Tempranillo Vendimia but loved it.
Parcelas Singulares was lovely smooth with subtle oak, the right amount of fruit - berries, etc. Vendimia that much better. I am not into white wines but I would definitely ask for more of it!
We opened the Vendimia at a lovely Moroccan restaurant in city centre and paired well with the Tagine ...everyone enjoyed the rich cherry fruit flavours and gets better in the glass (if it lasts that long) thanks Eamon for introducing this great wine to Winespark