I Filari Toscana Cabernet Franc 2020
WineSpark Price €33.18
You might not have heard of Suvereto, but you’ve probably heard of Bolgheri - which is the region right next door, and home to some of Italy’s most famous wines.
However if you speak to Italians who know their stuff, they'll tell you Suvereto has far greater potential than its noisier neighbour.
Around here Cabernet Franc is king - the long growing season makes for great ripeness.
Federico makes this wine at the fully organic and biodynamic Casadei winery. He employs every trick in the luxury winemaking book to make it taste sensational:
- There are 2-3 different hand-harvests in the vineyard and a further selection on the sorting table in the winery - to make sure every last berry is at optimal ripeness
- The wine is fermented in concrete tanks and clay amphora pots - to soften it up
- It’s then aged for 18 bottles in classic French oak barrels - to give it structure and power.
This is Super Tuscan without the Super price tag - enjoy.
|100% Cabernet Franc
|Region of origin
|Months in Oak
|Type of Oak
|Allergens (e.g. Milk, Egg, Fish, Nuts)
|Average age of vines
|Average altitude of vines (m)
|Clayey and sandy
|Is this wine organic?
|Suitable for vegans?
|Ideal drinking window
|2022 - 2032
We know how important it is to get your wine order quickly and efficiently. So we’ve partnered with UPS to offer next-day delivery on our wines.
Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s free - delivery is already included in the members' price
- It’s fast - you’ll get next-day delivery if you order before 12pm Monday-Thursday
- It’s environmentally-friendly - all our orders are shipped carbon neutral with UPS.
We ship to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only. €2 per case is added to all Northern Ireland orders to cover additional shipping costs. The point of sale occurs in the Republic of Ireland.
Our minimum order requirement is 6 bottles and we ship in multiples of 6’s. This can be 6 different bottles!
You may need to show your ID on delivery.
Please read our Terms & Conditions for more information.
Full- bodied, very easy on the nose, will be buying again for sure!
Thank you Lisa, I agree it's a top class wine! Cheers Eamon
A very good Cab Franc, full bodied but very smooth and a nice finish.
Thanks for the great review Peter! Cheers Eamon
Very easy on the nose and good finish
One of the best cab franc I’ve had. Well balanced.
Oak,tea,dark red fruits& warm spice.Full body, fine balanced tannins & a great long finish.