Luís Louro Alentejo 6-pack
WineSpark Price €135.82
Luís Louro's Monte Branco winery is in Estremoz, in the northern part of Alentejo and close to the Spanish border.
It’s slightly cooler and higher in altitude here, leading to more freshness and balance in the grapes.
This is exactly why his wines are so deliciously drinkable.
I’ve tried all of Luís’ wines, and I’m convinced his Alento Reserva range is right in the sweet spot of value and quality.
They’re made from some of his best grapes, and aged for longer in French oak barrels. Showing the true potential of Alentejo.
His red had already taken Ireland by storm since we launched, so when Luís joined our Spring Tasting earlier this year, he brought along his white and poured it for people from under the table.
Judging by the response, I knew it was a no-brainer to buy it.
That white is here now, so I’ve mixed a 6-pack of Luís’ wines for you to try. In the case you’ll get:
- 4x Alento Reserva Tinto 2019 - a typical local blend of Alicante Bouschet, Aragonez, Touriga Nacional and Syrah, this is exactly what a great Alentejo red should taste like. It’s smooth, dark and brooding, but with a freshness that makes it oh-so drinkable, and great with food
- 2x Alento Reserva Branco 2021 - Luís is on a mission to prove Alentejo can make great white wines, and he’s known to make the best examples in the region. This is a refreshing blend of Arinto and Antão Vaz, aged in old oak barrels for extra texture and complexity.
I don’t know why, but Luis kind of flew under the radar when I worked with him at Naked. It might be because we had larger, more established players in our Portuguese range.
Or his really good stuff was just out of reach, price-wise. But with WineSpark’s business model, I realised his amazing wines could suddenly be affordable and attainable to normal people. And that’s exactly what it’s all about.
We know how important it is to get your wine order quickly and efficiently. So we’ve partnered with UPS to offer next-day delivery on our wines.
Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s free - delivery is already included in the members' price
- It’s fast - you’ll get next-day delivery if you order before 12pm Monday-Thursday
- It’s environmentally-friendly - all our orders are shipped carbon neutral with UPS.
We ship to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only. €2 per case is added to all Northern Ireland orders to cover additional shipping costs. The point of sale occurs in the Republic of Ireland.
Our minimum order requirement is 6 bottles and we ship in multiples of 6’s. This can be 6 different bottles!
You may need to show your ID on delivery.
Please read our Terms & Conditions for more information.