Your cart is empty
You need 6 more bottles to checkout - we ship in multiples of 6 bottles with a 6 bottle minimum.
Gerd grew up in a sleepy German village called Bad Durkheim, where his parents and grandparents were farmers and grapegrowers.
You might not be surprised to learn Gerd is now a winemaker in Bad Durkheim, but made damn sure he experienced the world before settling back here.
Since 1986 when he first left Germany, he…
- Made wine in New Zealand
- Made wine in Zimbabwe (at the time it was the best winery in Africa!)
- Worked at Oddbins in the UK
- Made wine in South Africa
- Set up a wine bottling site in Nigeria
- Made wine for 7 years in Tuscany
- Became a flying winemaker all over Italy for 4 years - Puglia, Sicily, Veneto, Piedmont
- Made wine from Germany, Argentina and Italy for M&S for 10 years
Finally in 2009 he realised enough was enough, he’d lost touch with more authentic winemaking, so he went home. I bet his mom was happy to see him...
Why am I telling you this? Gerd tells me he learned something everywhere, and when you taste the mind-blowing quality of his wines, you’ll see what he means.
He makes wine in the up-and-coming region of Pfalz, where Riesling and Pinot Noir are kings.